Re: cpufreqd init script not shutting down

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh:

> BTW, ondemand is never a good idea IMHO, it is very hard on the power
> electronics in the motherboard and generates a lot of electric noise (and
> sometimes, acoustic noise).

Do you really think this affects the hardware significantly? I have
never heard of this.

Regarding your original topic: I think I saw the same issue today. My
laptop was running for one or two days already but I had to shut it
down. It got stuck at the cpufreqd script but pressing enter helped. I
didn't look into it yet, though.

J.
--
I often blame my shortcomings on my upbringing.
[Agree]   [Disagree]