Re: fsck on ext3, lost files

Linas Žvirblis <0x0007 <at> gmail.com> writes:
> What I mean, is that if files were in a certain directory, they can no
> longer be in that one directory. You will probably need to check all of
> them to find what you are looking for.

Thanks for your advice.  File confirms the identities of files I was unsure of.

I've searched every file in lost+found with a few different tools: gqview,
nautilus, lde, find with file.  Although I found some of my files in various
directories in lost+found, there are a couple of directories whose files are
nowhere to be found there.

I had about 4 GB of image files in one directory.  du shows that lost+found is
only about 0.5 GB.

Is it possible in an ext3 file system to find files outside of lost+found?

I am guessing that it is not possible since lde shows these directories as empty
then I am out of luck, e.g.,
0x00000000:                          pictures
0x00097D35: -rw-r--r--  2        179 .jedrc

I can retrieve the .jedrc file but there is nothing to be found of the pictures
directory in lost+found.

--
Gary Parker
Cayuse, OR