Re: Free SWF to AVI converter for Sarge

On 5/31/06, J.A. de Vries <hdv@jadev.org> wrote:
On 2006-05-31 @ 14:03:32 (week 22) Siju George wrote:

> On 5/30/06, J.A. de Vries <hdv@jadev.org> wrote:
> >On 2006-05-30 @ 11:34:37 (week 22) Siju George wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Is there any Free SWF to AVI converter for Debian Sarge Linux?
> >
> >Take a look at ffmpeg. I regularly use it to convert clips to a format
> >that suits me better. Works like a charm.
> >

> Thankyou so much for the reply Vries :-)
>
> It seems ffmpeg does not support the SWF format.

If you do ffmpeg --formats you'll get a list of supported formats.

I did use it to convert the Stephen Colbert clips to mpeg, which were in
some Macromedia format. I mistakenly assumed they were in swf, but I
checked and found they actually were in flv. Sorry for that.

Its alright Vries :-)

I found a page with some specifics on the swf format and its use under
GNU/Linux, maybe use can use their tools. See
http://www.swftools.org/

Thankyou so much for the link :-)

Kind Regards

Siju