Re: source code editor

On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 10:12:46 +0200, Ivan Glushkov wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I would like to know which is the best & lightest editor for source
>code editing, which supports syntax highlighting. Currently when I want
>to edit fast some C/C++ file I am opening it with pico. I looked
>around, but it seems like it does not support syntax highlighting.

I don't know if vim would weigh in as light, but it is fast and it has
excellent highlighting.

There are several editors that has syntax highlighting. When I'm stuck
on non-Unix-like systems I usually turn to SciTE (Debian package:
scite).

/M

magnus@therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning@gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

I have steadily endeavored to keep my mind free, so as to give up any
hypothesis, however much beloved -- and I cannot resist forming one
on every subject -- as soon as facts are shown to be opposed to it.
     -- Charles Darwin (1809-1882)