rsh as root without password

Hi all,

I am working with a clustered software that needs to rsh as "root" into
every nodes of cluster (before advising on ssh or something else, I must
say that all machines are in an isolated network and there is no
security risk at all).

I added "machine-name root" string in .rhosts file in root's home of all
nodes or even "+ machine-name root" in "/etc/hosts.equiv" file , but it
does not works. also I remarked this line in "/etc/pam.d/rsh" :

	"auth   required        pam_nologin.so"

but the problem is still exists.

Using "rsh-server" and "rsh-client" packages on sarge-31r1.

TIA