Re: Change screen resolution

On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 05:30:30PM -0700, lmyho wrote:

> I just installed debian on an older computer yesterday, but the screen resolution is
> so poorly set, which is actually different from the resolution I have set during the
> initial system configuration (much lower).  It looks really terrible and so
> uncomfortable!:((
>
> The screen can be set to much higher resolution (it was in a high resolution before
> install debian).  But I can't find from where I can re-set the X windown resolution!
> I have both gnome and kde installed, but no where I can find place to change the
> resoluion!
>
> Please anyone could tell me how can I change it?  the current too low resolution
> just kills me.:((

sarge or etch/sid?  at any rate what does the output of
'cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf |grep Modes' (sub XF86Config[-4] for sarge) say?
Any of those lines have the resolution you want?  If so, do they all?

--
Christopher Nelson -- chris@cavein.org
The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to choose from.