Re: Recommendations for Low Resource System

On Wednesday 31 May 2006 15:04, Leonid Grinberg wrote:
> Several things:
>
> 1) Do not use a desktop environment (e.g GNOME, KDE). Use just a
> window manager. I personally suggest Sawfish.

My mistake, and thanks for pointing it out.  I've been using KDE so long
I got lazy in distinguishing my terms.  Thanks for the heads up.

> 2) If Abiword will work, use it. It's nice and usable. I use Emacs
> and LaTeX myself, but if you want a WYSIWYG processor, Abiword is
> fine.

I understand someone has written up a config file (forgot what the
special setting files are called) for screen writing formatting on
emacs, but, as I said, when I'm writing, I'm in a different mode, and I
just can't remember all the keystroke commands.  It's hard to explain,
but I can use vi or other console editors and have no issue while
programming, but once I switch gears and start writing fiction, my
brain works completely differently.  It must be a left brain/right
brain thing.

Hal