Re: wake-on-lan

Jeronimo Pellegrini schreef:
On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 08:56:24PM +0200, Roel Schroeven wrote:
Now I did investigate, and this is what I found out: given that the BIOS is configured correctly, I can remotely wake the box if I shut it down before it boots Linux (it works if I shut it down while the Grub menu is visible), but it doesn't work if I shut it down when Linux is running. I tried shutting it down via poweroff, shutdown -h now and pushing the power button, but all with the same effect: no response to wake-up packets.

I had a similar problem... Before shutting down, I need to run this
command:

# ethtool -s eth0 wol g

Because after a reboot WOL is disabled.
I included that line in my boot scripts.

From the man page, it indeed looks like that should help. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. I'll investigate further tomorrow.

Roel Schroeven