Re: non-free nvidia driver on etch?

I have used Andrew's Debian-nVidia HOWTO with success in the past. The
problem is that the nvidia-glx package is not available on testing at
this time. I can't use the unstable nvidia-glx package, because the
unstable package depends on xorg 1.7.0.

Is there a workaround, or should I bite the bullet and try installing
xorg 1.7.0? I would really prefer not to install xorg from unstable as
it looks like it will be a major PITA. All I want is the latest nvidia
drivers.

Sincerely,
Jonathan

On 5/30/06, Owen Heisler <owenh000@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, 2006-05-30 at 09:12 -0700, Jonathan Pearce wrote:
> I was hoping to keep my driver installed 'the debian way' rather than
> install the package from Nvidia. Does anyone know how best to install
> the nvidia graphics driver on etch?

Here is a howto that I use.  It seems to be very complete.
http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/Debian-nVidia/installation.html

--
Jonathan David Pearce jonathan@pearce.name
3EAAFB2A   http://www.jonathan.pearce.name/