Re: imap setup problems [Help, please]

Mauro Condarelli wrote:
Hi,
I have a nice mail server on a static IP.
It is based on the default exim4.
It works.
Now I want to access it via IMAP/web.
Target is to access my mail repository (on the server) from the internal LAN via IMAP/Thunderbird (Linux or Win) and from remote via Web.
So I installed uw-imapd and squirrelmail.
I also changed the default mailbox format to maildirs (I added "dc_localdelivery=maildir_home" to /etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf).
This seems to work.

Now the problem:
I seem unable to access the maildirs from LAN (Thunderbird says: "no new messages on server"). I am very confused by uw-imapd documentation. Can someone point me in the right direction, please? What should I put in the Thunderbird server configuration? (i tried to add "MAILBOX" to "Personal Namespaces", but it didn't work).
Problem is I don't know what I should do :(

Thanks in Advance
Mauro

UW-IMAP does not have Maildir support. You'll need to switch to something that does (Courier-IMAP for example).

A Google search turned up this:

http://www.davideous.com/imap-maildir/

Which may or may not be smart to try -- I'll withhold judgement.

Nate