Re: Installation

Olafur Jens Sigurdsson wrote:
Þann 2006-05-26, 04:39:55 (-0400) skrifaði N A:
Is it possible to install Debian as a dual-boot on an Intel Celeron system using only the existing windows partition and a removable hard drive ~250MiB? If so, how would one do so?

Yes, you can do that by using a virtual machine (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_virtual_machines for some
ideas about what to use), but I recomend that if you just want to give
linux a little try and not use it seriously then you use a LiveCD,
like Knoppix, to see if you can get the feel of using linux and if you
like it then repartition your hard drive and set it up to dual boot
windows and linux (or just wipe out windows :-) ).

Also, the website is slightly confusing (I'm a first time Linux user).

Now you need to be more specific. I am sure the webmasters are more
then happy to get some input on if their work is confusing users but
you have to be specific about what is confusing you.

Hope this helps and good luck in getting to know linux :-)

Oli

Just a thought, but would adding a second drive - say 10GB or so, be out of the question? I've done that a few times, to let people try linux easily.

scott