Re: eterm / gnome window position [SOLVED]

Dale Hair wrote:
The string I have for my Eterm icon is:

/usr/bin/Eterm -L 10000 --colorBD yellow --select-line -g 101x25 --shade 100 --buttonbar 0 --scrollbar-type next

So, I am using the geometry option, but I can only set the dimensions of the terminal, since they are the same. If I set also the position (something like101x25+0+0), if I click four times over my icon I will get four terminals on top of each other. Which I do not want.

I took a look at devilspie program. Correct me if I am wrong, but it cannot distinguish different instances from the same application and take different actions according to the instance number which is what I want to do - apply different position for different terminal windows, started from the same icon.

If I understand correctly you want your four eterms to start up in four
seperate parts of the screen or tiled.  I can do this using sawfish
window manager.  In the matched Windows Properties match   Command
^Eterm $ and set Place mode   first-fit  or   best-fit.  This is done in
gnome with    Preferences     Windows

Well, I did not have this option. This option exist only if one has sawfish as window manager. I had metacity. I switched to sawfish, switched this option to first-fit, and now it works exactly as wanted...

   Thanks for the help Dale!!