Re: eterm / gnome window position

[moving back on-list]

At 1148461742 past the epoch, Ivan Glushkov wrote:
> I looked almost everywhere in the gnome settings
> (v.2.14.1) and I could not find anything appropriate. Am I
> missing something, or really gnome does not supporting
> that feature?

I expect metacity (the window manager for gnome) does not
have this feature, no. They are also quite resistant to any
suggestion of implementing new features.

You could switch to another window manager, but what might
work better would be to look at "Devil's Pie", a window
manager "top-up" program.
    <http://www.burtonini.com/blog/computers/devilspie>

Some combination of this (which is available as a debian
package) and the geometry strings someone else listed might
do what you want.

--
Jon Dowland
http://alcopop.org/