Re: key.asc generation from apt ring

On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 10:59:29 -1000, Javier-Elias Vasquez-Vivas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As I don't have internet access at home, I use apt-mirror  (very nice
> tool by the way) to keep an up to date repositorie under an USB disk.
>
> I downloaded the debian and gnuab key ascii files (*key*.asc), however
> the debian-marillat key I grabed on the machine that I can connect to
> Internet not from a key ascii file, but from the server procedure
> described int the following pages:
>
> http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?t=4762&;
> http://linux.about.com/library/cmd/blcmdl1_gpg.htm
>
> As the other machines at home don't have internet access I can't apply
> such procedures of authenticating against the key server and such, so
> I'd like to be able to generate a key ascii file for the marillat
> packages from the machine including the key in its key ring, so that I
> can just "apt-key add <marillat-key.asc>" into the other ones.
>
> Is this possible?  And if so, how can I do it?

Apt stores the keys in /etc/apt/trusted.gpg. You can export these keys
with gpg:

gpg --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg -a --export marillat > marillat-key.asc

You can also install the package "debian-keyring" and extract the key
from there. (Use "--keyring /usr/share/keyrings/debian-keyring.gpg" in
the above command.)

--
Regards,
          Florian