SOLVED: Has /bin/sh become a bad interpreter on etch?

On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 01:12:48PM -0400, hendrik@topoi.pooq.com wrote:
> This morning, when running a script I have run many many times before, I
> got the message:
>
> bash: /home/parents/bin/acc05: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: Permission denied

I have found the problem.  I feel really stupid, but maybe someone
will make the same mistake and find this in the archives.

I had changed the mount options for the volume containing the scripts
to 'user,defaults'. For some reason that turned off execute permission
on the entire volume, without notifying ls of the fact.  So ls showed
the script as executable; whereas in fact it was not.

Adding the 'exec' mount option fixed the problem.

-- hendrik