Data-driven GUI Builder

Hi

I had always been looking for a general purpose GUI building program. The
easiest task is the command-line wrapping program, because the switches
and their options are limited.

I once came across such great program that ideal for such case -- you
throw it some (xml based?) data and it can build a nice gui, a perfect
tool for GUI wrapping for any command line tools.

The problem is, I've forgot what's its name and where I found it. because
I was having trouble with the AutoOpts, a program from the autogen package
that standardize the command-line parameter build (for C, java? and
shell). It "completely automates the process of handling command line,
environment and config file options, including usage text, man pages, and
the invoking section of an info doc".

Today, I came across another good command-line wrapping program -- GGUI.

http://www.panayotis.com/ggui/

General Graphics User Interface is an effort to produce a common graphical
user interface for any command-line program. It uses a wizard-like input
front end to collect the information needed. It then calls the desired
program automatically with all the necessary options. The user is able to
point&click on various options and select them in a convenient way. In
order to create a new user-interface, a user doesn't need to know a
programming language, since there is a graphical editor for new GGUI
"scripts".

However, it requirs Jave 5. So I'm reluctant to give it a try. So, now I
am coming back to my original question -- Do you know any good data-driven
GUI builder that at least do a good job for command-line parameter
wrapping?

thanks a lot

tong