Re: Script to delete duplicate files

On 23.05.2006, at 9:58, Curtis Vaughan wrote:

On 19.05.2006, at 21:39, Ken Irving wrote:

On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 07:10:41PM -0700, Curtis Vaughan wrote:
Ok, using fdupes -f I have created a file that contains a list of all duplicate files. So, what command can a run against that file to delete
all the files listed in it?

Or since I know that fdupes -f works, could I just do something like:

fdupes -f ./ | rm *

or would that rm everything?

The latter.  Try xargs(1), e.g.,

  fdupes -f ./ | xargs rm

This is strange. I used:

fdupes -f ./ | xargs rm

and it worked great!!!
Now I need to do the same thing for another mail directory, so I moved into it and issued the same command and I get:
rm: too few arguments
Try `rm --help' for more information.

What's up with that?

Ah, I'm an idiot. The reason was because fdupes wasn't finding anything.
Sorry for these last 2 posts.