Re: Failed to boot, wants to acces harddisk via knoppix

> Open up a terminal, and type 'sudo su'.
>
> 'mkdir /mnt/drive'
>
> If you know where your hard drive is located, you can mount it now.
>
> 'mount /dev/hda5 /mnt/drive' (or whatever)
>
> Otherwise, just 'dmesg hd' and use 'fdisk -l /dev/hda' to find the
> drive with the partitions you want to mount. (where hda is the drive
> that shows up)
>
> Now mount, and explore. :)

Thanks,

i guess this should be considered a "bad answer" from the system:
# mount /dev/hda9/ /mnt/drive
mount: /dev/hda9 is not a valid block device

hinting towards a very damaged HD!

Is there another backdoor?

I do have a backup of the most important parts. But there are things, that
have not been backed up.

/severino