Re: ripping CD with SACD format seems impossible

On Sun, 21 May 2006 19:10:10 +0200, Adam Hardy
<adam.ant@cyberspaceroad.com> wrote:

> Matthijs on 21/05/06 17:18, wrote:
> > On Sun, 21 May 2006 18:10:11 +0200, Adam Hardy
> > <adam.ant@cyberspaceroad.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Cdparanoia rejects one of my CDs. I am pretty sure that it's due to the SACD format of the CD. I get this error:
> >>
> > If it is a hybrid disc, it is dual-layer: it contains CD-layer and a
> > DVD-like layer which contains the SACD information. I think CDparanoia
> > might be confused by the second layer.
> >
> > Are you trying this with a CD-rom or DVD-rom drive?
>
> it's a dual-layer cd. Should have said, sorry. I'm playing it on a CD-ROM, no DVD functionality.

In that case the drive can't even see the SACD-layer, only the CD
layer. If you *are* able to play the disc on an ordinary CD-player, my
guess would be that the CD-layer is copy-protected by manipulating the
Table-Of-Content. I have no idea how to solve that on a
Linux-machine.... sorry.

(Windows: Exact Audio Copy can rip that disc)

--
Matthijs
vanaalten@hotmail.com