About newsgroups related to debian lists

Hi, all.

In my experience, it is possible to read and send messages to debian lists
in at least three ways: e.g., the present one:
via `debian-user' mailing list; through `linux.debian.user' newsgroup;
through `gmane.linux.debian.user' newsgroup.

Now, I realised that `gmane.linux.debian.user' preserves the message's
original headers, whereas `linux.debian.user' changes the Message ID
into a different value.

I'd like to know other users' experience about this matter:
is it normal? Does it maybe depend on the nntp server?
What can you tell about it?

Thanks,
Rodolfo