Re: Script to delete duplicate files

Curtis Vaughan wrote:

No actually the -d option is not an option. The reason is is because it then asks you after all found duplicates, which of them you wish to keep. Well, I have some 5000 duplicates to go through, so it will take forever. I would rather think of a way to use the output of fdupes or the file I created to delete all the duplicates.

The 'yes' program could help you with that :-) it endlessly sends a string (defaulting to 'y') to output - something like this should do it (but I didn't test it)

	yes|fdupes -d -f ./

HTH,

Joris