Re: quesiton

On Thursday 18 May 2006 08:29 pm, LavenderHerb@aol.com wrote:
> I purchased a used laptop with Windows operating system, but I don't have
> the disk.
>
> Can I install Linux directly over Windows?  Will it wipe out Windows and
> everything in the computer?

I had exactly this situation except the machine was not a laptop.  I was quite
amazed that the Debian installer essentially did all the work for me:
creating a partition of the size I wanted for the Windows part, installing
Linux, and creating dual boot stuff.  Worked just great.

Of course, you have the option to remove the existing Windows OS during the
install.

Andy