Re: Debian/Testing: x-window-system-core broken/missing fonts.alias?

 --- On Fri 05/19, Florian Kulzer < florian@molphys.leidenuniv.nl > wrote:
> OK, you seem to have an older version of X installed; the font paths arecorrect
> in that case.

Yes, I'm trying to upgrade from stable to testing. I purged x-window-system-core and kdebase AND manually removed any leftover KDE and X files that I could find, it stil goes to the same place.

> Maybe it will help to run as root
> update-fonts-alias misc Type1 100dpi 75dpi

# cd /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/
# /usr/sbin/update-fonts-alias misc Type1 100dpi 75dpi

It runs, no errors, but I don't see fonts.alias file created anywhere. Running "startx" results in the same "could not open default font 'fixed'" error.

Thanks

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.