[SOLVED] Re: Thunderbird insists on using galeon browser

Paul Scott wrote:
jlquinn wrote:
Hi, all. I use thunderbird and firefox currently for email and web. At one point, I used to use galeon, but have since switched. The gnome desktop preferred application setting is set to firefox, and there aren't any setting I saw inside thunderbird itself to choose a browser.

However, whenever I click a link in an email, it insists on starting galeon instead.

Any ideas where to find the setting that keeps starting galeon?
This might help:

Thanks for the tip.  It led me to the solution.

gconf already had http and https url handlers set to firefox, so wasn't the source. In addition, changing gnome-www-browser to be firefox didn't solve the problem either.

Apparently Debian thunderbird actually uses x-www-browser instead. Updating this with update-alternatives finally solved the problem.

Jerry