Re: aptitude replacing debfoster [limiting the view]

On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 04:50:24PM +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:
> On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 04:01:46PM +0200, CJ van den Berg wrote:
> >On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 02:37:33PM +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:
> >> Limiting the package list to that in aptitude and then pressing 'M' does
> >> result in the package being scheduled for deletion. With the proper filter
> >> it should remain installed and be marked as automatically installed.
> >
> >Ah, I think I understand what you want now.
> >
> >This should be what you want...
> >
> >~i~R~i!~M
> >
> >I hope! ;)
>
> Nope :(
>
> As a test I did this:
>
>  1. Find package that's marked auto and kept installed by some other
>     package (I picked vim-gnome, it's kept installed by another vim
>     package).
>  2. Switch to flat view.
>  3. Limit the view using your expression above.
>
> If it all works then the package I marked should show up, after all it's
> not marked auto and another installed package keeps it installed
> (through a recommends). No luck though, vim-gnome doesn't show up :(

Nothing depends on vim-gnome, that's why it doesn't show up. The other vim
packages only recommend it. To look for packages that don't have any reverse
dependencies *and* aren't recommended by any installed packages try this:

~i(~R~i|~Rrecommends:~i)!~M

You might want to add ~Rsuggests:~i too, like this:

~i(~R~i|~Rrecommends:~i|~Rsuggests:~i)!~M

--
CJ van den Berg

mailto:cj@vdbonline.com
  xmpp:cj@vdbonline.com