Re: aptitude replacing debfoster [limiting the view]

On Mon, 2006-05-15 at 14:37 +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:
> On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 02:09:16PM +0200, CJ van den Berg wrote:
> >On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 09:03:16AM +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:
> >> Can I somehow limit(l) the package list in aptitude to only show me
> >> packages that
> >>
> >>  1. are installed, and
> >>  2. aren't installed as a dependency of any other package, and
> >>  3. are dependencies of another installed package?
> >>
> >> AFAICS this would result in a list of packages that can be safely marked
> >> "automatically installed" without being removed from the system.
> >
> >AFAICT this is what you want:
> >
> ># aptitude search ~i\!~Rdepends:.\!~M
> >
> >/usr/share/doc/aptitude/html/en/ch02s03.html (in aptitude-doc-en) has the
> >full details.
>
> Not quite. :(
>
> Limiting the package list to that in aptitude and then pressing 'M' does
> result in the package being scheduled for deletion. With the proper filter
> it should remain installed and be marked as automatically installed.

I suggest looking at the docs, I recently went this way to aptitude for
cleaning out cruft as well.

        file:///usr/share/doc/aptitude/html/en/ch02s04.html

That particular place gives enormous amounts of possibilities.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, Better, Faster: Linux

Use Debian GNU/Linux, its a bazaar thing

NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the
National Security Agency may have read this email
without warning, warrant, or notice, and certainly
without probable cause. They may do this without
any judicial or legislative oversight. You have no
recourse nor protection.