fstab re-writing

just fitted a pcmcia sdcard reader to my laptop.

I find the following line in /etc/fstab does what I want:-

/dev/hde1 /home/steve/zaurus vfat rw,uid=1000,gid=100,user,noauto 0 0

but every time I umount & remount it rewrites, deletes the above line & relaces it with:-

/dev/hde1 /mnt/sdcard msdos defaults 0 0

which is emphatically not what I want.

Why does this happen & what process is involved? More importantly how do I stop it?

(Debian stable 2.6.8 kernel pretty standard install on an IBM Thinpad T23)

Steve