Re: dvd burning

On Wed, 2006-05-10 at 21:27 +0200, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> I'm moving my first steps with Debian.
> As a Mandrake 10.1 user, I used to burn dvds as well as cds with cdrecord;
> but now with Debian 3.1 it seems that I can't.
> In `/usr/share/doc/cdrecord/README.DVD.Debian' it says:
>

> cdrecord does not support DVD recording. If you need it you have the
> following options:
>
> * cdrecord-ProDVD
>
> * dvd+rw-tools
>
> * dvdrtools
>
> * Apply the dvdrecord-patch to cdrecord and compile it yourself:
>     apt-get source cdrtools
>     cd cdrtools-<version>
>     fakeroot debian/rules dvd=yes cdrecord
>

> . What do you Debian users think is the best solution?
> Thanks,
> Rodolfo

No need. Add these lines to your /etc/apt/sources.list

#A buncha things not normally available
deb http://ftp.debian-unofficial.org/debian sarge main contrib non-free restricted
deb-src http://ftp.debian-unofficial.org/debian sarge main contrib non-free restricted

Or for a more comprehensive list you can get my current "base"
sources.list from:
        http://www.gregfolkert.net/files/sources.list

I have put instructions in it to help if you uncomment EVERYTHING.

Me, I use ftp.us.debian.org and Christian Marillat's stuff at nerim.net,
and pretty much Debian unofficial.

--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net