Re: X Problem

Please don't claim urgency on public mailing lists: Lack of planning on your
part doesn't constitute a crisis on ours.  We're volunteers.  If it really is
urgent, please see http://debian.org/consultants/ instead.

On Wednesday 10 May 2006 13:59, Leonid Grinberg wrote:

> I have a friend, who, after upgrading via dist-upgrade had his X
> display broken. Now, there is a blue screen that says that it cannot
> load the X server. his happened to me before, and I remembered thaTt

What did the blue screen say?

> He appears to have an Intel vhip, but nothing is working.

What does lspci tell you about it?

You might want to read this for some ideas on how to troubleshoot a bit
better.

Paul Johnson
Jabber: Because it's time to move forward  http://ursine.ca/Ursine:Jabber