Re: Etch: udev and wlan

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 14:41:14 +0100, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> since my last upgrade (yesterday) of my Etch box,
> I have troubles with my wireless stuff:
> it appears that wlan0 was replaced by wlan0_temp,
> I suspect that this is done by the udev package.
> Unfortunately, I have not yet sucedded to localize
> preciseley the trouble.
>
> Any idea ?

Which version of udev is that? 0.091-2?

One new thing about the 0.09x udev packages is that there is now a
built-in mechanism to generate persistent naming rules for network
devices. (The installer runs into trouble when network devices switch
names on reboot after the base installation.) I suspect that something
went wrong with this generation of the persistent rules on your system.

Please post the content of the file

/etc/udev/rules.d/z25_persistent-net.rules ,

the lspci data which is related to your network card(s) and the output
of the command "ls -l /sys/class/net/".

--
Regards,
          Florian