Re: Mails from Win to Linux

On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 00:00 -0500, Kent West wrote:
> Blast o_O wrote:
> > Hi guys, I want to move all my mails to Debian, but I don't know how to
> > import there my .pst from my Outlook, what can I do!!??
> >
> I think you'll find that the easiest, most reliable method is to use an
> IMAP server, point your Outlook to it, move all your mail to the server,
> then point your Debian mail client to the IMAP server, and move them
> down (or just leave them on the IMAP server).

That's if he can have 2 machines running, networked, at the same
time.  Not always possible at home.

Grabbing Win T-bird and using it to import Outlook mail to mbox
using the W32 MAPI (then burning the mbox to CD-R if you are wiping
the whole disk) is the standard single-machine solution.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Politics is not the art of the possible. It consists in choosing
between the disastrous and the unpalatable."
John Kenneth Galbraith