From: Ron Johnson [mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net]
Sent: Monday, May 08, 2006 9:50 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Mails from Win to Linux

On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 00:00 -0500, Kent West wrote:
> Blast o_O wrote:
> > Hi guys, I want to move all my mails to Debian, but I don't know how
> > to import there my .pst from my Outlook, what can I do!!??
> >
> I think you'll find that the easiest, most reliable method is to use
> an IMAP server, point your Outlook to it, move all your mail to the
> server, then point your Debian mail client to the IMAP server, and
> move them down (or just leave them on the IMAP server).

That's if he can have 2 machines running, networked, at the same time.  Not
always possible at home.

Grabbing Win T-bird and using it to import Outlook mail to mbox using the
W32 MAPI (then burning the mbox to CD-R if you are wiping the whole disk) is
the standard single-machine solution.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Politics is not the art of the possible. It consists in choosing between
the disastrous and the unpalatable."
John Kenneth Galbraith