ipw2200 wireless network card stops working

Hi,
I am wondering if anyone has had problems with their ipw2200 network
card losing connection after a while.
It can vary between a minute and twenty before the connection stops, and
I cannot figure out why.

I don't *think* I have anything running trying to reconfigure it, and it
still has the right ip address and routes set after it dies, I just
cannot ping anything apart from my own NIC.

I have tried a 2.6.15 and .16 kernel with the builtin iee80211 stack and
ipw2200 drivers, and even the latest stable and testing ipw drivers (and
new firmware and matchin ieee stack).

How do you go about diagnosing a driver related problem?

I also wonder if power saving is kicking in at stupid times, but have no
idea how to test this.

unloading the driver and reloading fixes it (for a while at least).

none of the log files show anything after it goes down...

Anton