Question about uw-imap

Hi:

I am using imap with debian testing(sarge) The version if imap installed
is 2002edebian1-13 (note it appears that even unstable is at the same
version).

I'm getting a strange error message everytime my mail client
(Thunderbird in this case), tries to save a mail message to a folder:

"Argument given to APPEND when none expected"

Strangely, if I move a message from one folder to another, then there is
no problem.  I get the same error message if I try to save an incomplete
 piece of mail to the Drafts folder on the imap server.  The mail does
not get saved if the error message shows up.

Any clues as to why the server is generating this error?

Thanks in advance.

-DL