Re: Anyone having X problem updating from testing to unstable.

On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 15:11:17 -1000, Javier-Elias Vasquez-Vivas wrote:
> On 5/5/06, Florian Kulzer <florian@molphys.leidenuniv.nl> wrote:

[...]

> >Check out the Xorg transition wiki first; it has solutions for the most
> >common problems related to the upgrade:
> >
> >http://wiki.debian.org/Xorg69To7
> >
> >--
> >Regards,
> >          Florian
>
> Thanks a lot, this is pretty helpful.  Actually what I was missing was
> /etc/X11/Xsession, as the wiki indicates.  However there's something
> still not working any good yet.  WDM doesn't seem to work here, and
> I've already edited /etc/X11/wdm/Xservers to point to /usr/bin/Xorg,
> but no success.  I can live without it, but I'm wondering if there's
> something else that can be done.

You might have found a new bug. Do you get any error messages when you
restart wdm? After a failed log-in attempt, do find anything interesting
in ~/.xsession-errors? Maybe you have an old config file somewhere with
an incompatible setting; have you tried purging wdm and reinstalling it?

--
Regards,
          Florian