Re: Uninstalling a broken Staroffice 6.0

My question was:
> ...How do I uninstall the Staroffice mess from sarge?

Answering my own question after receiving no dire warnings of morasses to avoid:

The ./setup routine that installs Staroffice6.0 uninformatively tells me to "use
the local setup routine" to uninstall Staroffice.  Searching on "local setup
routine" got me nowhere.

Here's the closely guarded secret: in the installation directory
(/root/staroffice6.0) there's another setup file, called setup, of course, and
one gets the ball rolling with the command, ./setup, while logged in as root to
that directory.  Once the script starts, there's a GUI to follow ...
successfully.

I did not attempt to go hunting for orphaned files.

Thanks,
George