kernel upgrade message

Debian Unstable, running 2.6.16-1-486 on i386
platform.

These days I get the following message from Debian
Configuration when I 'apt-get upgrade'.. Any idea why
its trying to install the same kernel image...
The kernel version running is the same as the one
being installed

 You are attempting to install a kernel version that
is the same as the version you are currently running
(version 2.6.16-1-486). The modules list is quite
likely to have been changed, and the modules
dependency file /lib/modules/2.6.16-1-486/modules.dep
needs to be re-built. It can not be built correctly
right now, since the module list for the running
kernel are likely to be different from the kernel
installed. I am creating a new modules.dep file, but
that may not be correct. It shall be regenerated
correctly at next reboot.

 I repeat: you have to reboot in order for the modules
file to be created correctly. Until you reboot, it may
be impossible to load some modules. Reboot as soon as
this install is finished (Do not reboot right now,
since you may not be able to boot back up until
installation is over, but boot immediately after). I
can not stress that too much. You need to reboot soon.

                               <Ok>