Re: Accessing mail from remote

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 03:06:36PM +0200, Mauro Condarelli wrote:
>I use Mozilla to read my mail.
>I have full control of my MTA.
>I do receive mail either via smtp or via fetchmail.
>Mail is then moved from system mailbox to local folder by Mozilla Thunderbird.
>Mozilla Thunderbird uses mailbox formatted files.
>So far so good.
>The problem:
>I would like to access my archived mail from remote, possibly from behind a
>That would mean to set up a web server on my firewall or somewhere in DMZ.
>I know that much, but after that I'm in the dark.
>What should I install?
>I do not need anything fancy, just a web interface to read mail *from mailboxes
>in my HOME*.
>If that proves too complex I can do with a pop3 (I already have qpopper
>installed on my firewall/mail server) server that can serve out my archived
>mail (currently I can only see my unread mail via pop3. i.e.: the mail that
>sits in /var/mail/...).
>Is there an easy way to achieve this?

A friend of mine has the following setup:

 fetchmail to get email in from his ISP
 mail is delivered locally by postfix
 courier serves the mail via IMAP
 SquirrelMail using the IMAP server

I am sure you can find help on here for all the individual parts. Sorry
I couldn't be of more help...

by patent law on written works.

Most people, I think, don't even know what a Rootkit is, so why should
they care about it?
     -- Thomas Hesse, president of Sony-BMG's Global Digital Business,
        commenting on XCP