Re: Udev problem when rebooting....no filesystem found

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 09:14:04 +0200
"miguel velasco" <miguel.suscripcion@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all! yesterday night I installed my Debian Etch widh KDE 3.5 at
> home and everything could be ok untill I rebooted my computer. At this
> moment in the boot process watched:
>
> Waiting for root file system...... (hay se queda unos minutos)
> Aler! /dev/hda3 does not exist. Dropping to a shell !
>
> Now I have limited console with no all commands and the next file
> system in my PC:
> $ df -h
> filesystem    Size      Used    Available    Use % Monted on
> udev            379.0M  28.0K   378.9M      0%        /dev

I don't know if it's the same thing happening to you, but I did
experience something similar to this.

In my case I was dropped in to a busybox shell and after some moments of
poking around and not figuring out anything else to do I exited the
shell and my system continued to boot and it never happened again after
that.

Later, Seeker