Re: Can't Drive Intel PRO/100 VM Network Connection

On Thu, 4 May 2006 11:31:34 +0800, solarix <mr.solarix@gmail.com> said:

> hi, I had installed Debian Sarge 3.1 on a computer with an Intel
> PRO/100 VM Network Connection. I found module e100 loaded, but when I
> typed "ifconfig eth0 ip", it told me: SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
> eth0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device

As I found out the other day, e100 is actually a whole bunch of
different chipsets.  You can try downloading the latest driver sources
from Intel and compiling them.

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=&DwnldID=2896&ProductID=61

The instructions in the readme should be pretty straightforward
(although I didn't try it on a Debian machine).

--
Hubert Chan - email & Jabber: hubert@uhoreg.ca - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA   (Key available at wwwkeys.pgp.net)