Re: Mounting Disk Images

David Baron wrote:

> I can install downloads by downloading using the images IE but I have these
> files elsewhere so wish to use directly or copy to the image file.

mount -o loop,offset=32256 image.raw /mnt/something

The important part is "offset=32256" because that is where the first
partition usually starts. If the image contains more partitions, you
will have to use "fdisk -lu" on that image to find out the correct
values for them. The formula to calculate them is...

 offset = sector_byte_size * start_sector

Do not forget to umount the image before starting the VM.