Re: tracking down a hard crash

On 5/3/06, Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:
On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 08:22:48AM -0400, Matt Price wrote:

> er, having a little trouble here -- xsensors comes up blank!  not sure
> if that means I'm missing the requisite kernel drivers.  any way to
> tell what I need?

You probably need to setup your lmsensors. try `sensors-detect` to get
that going.

ok, thanks andrew.  after some missteps got everything working anw
it's going well.  I think I *may* have found my problem though.  I was
using a powerd usb/kvm switch which failed entirely this morning. Since I disconnected it mypower problems seem to have faded away. Hopefully that will bethe end of it -- and if now I will check the
sensord log aftern extcrash.  thanks,

matt