Re: daylight savings error on reboot

Apologies for a late reply.

On 4/28/06, Matthias Julius <lists@julius-net.net> wrote:
"Matt Price" <moptop99@gmail.com> writes:

> I believe my system clock is set to UTC, and I don't have any other OS
> operating on the system.

If your system clock is set to UTC it should never be changed for
daylight savings time.  If it is changed on every boot than you system
probably doesn't know that it is supposed to be on UTC.

there you are.  In fact I was wrong about UTC -- though I've
beenthrough many hardware changes I guess this is the first computer I
installed debian on, and the only one I set to local time.  Have now
fixed this using the appropriate /etc/default/rcS settings, which I
wasn't aware of before.  and now everything works!  thanks,

matt