Re: OT: Politics [Was:Social Contract]

On Monday 01 May 2006 15:18, Matthias Julius wrote:
> Curt Howland <Howland@priss.com> writes:
> > Non-sequiter. Mere "gun use" is in no way anti-social. I can use a
> > fire-extinguisher to crush someone's skull in, the largest mass
> > murder in American history was perpetrated with airplanes. Neither of
> > these acts reflects upon fire-extinguishers or airplanes, or the
> > people who own or use them daily.
> >
> > Even more important, guns, fire-extinguishers and airplanes do not
> > have "behavior", they are inanimate objects entirely subjet to the
> > will of the individual wielding them. This is an important
> > distinction often lost in the emotionally heated debate over
> > prohibition.
>
> The same is true for drugs and other controlled substances.  Would you
> vote making them freely available?

Actually, yes.  And I have voted to legalize recreational marijuana.  There's
no reason our cash strapped police departments should be wasting money on
pot-heads.  What's the worst a pothead generally does?  Get baked, go to Taco
Bell, and contribute to the economy in exchange for food.  Just tax it, make
it subject to liquor law, and move on already...

--
Paul Johnson
Jabber: Because it's time to move forward  http://ursine.ca/Ursine:Jabber