Re: Printer setup howto

On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 11:23:09AM -0400, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:

> > How can I setup margins correlated to the edges of A4 paper?
> >
> > I have the printer HP Business Inkjet 1000 and use the hpjis driver to
> > print.
> >
> > If I use Gnome-cups-manager to setup the printer, and I print a test
> > page therein with format paper of A4, then to check margin settings, I
> > can use a ruler to verify that margin lines are printed at 0.5, 1, and
> > 1.5 cm from the edge of the paper on all sides.
> >
> > I verified these margin lines and get the results
> > from the top edge:
> > instead of 0.5 cm - 0.6 cm
> > instead of 1 cm - 1.1 cm
> > instead of 1.5 cm - 1.6 cm
> > from the right edge:
> > instead of 0.5 cm - 0.8 cm
> > instead of 1 cm - 1.3 cm
> > instead of 1.5 cm - 1.8 cm
> > from the bottom edge:
> > 0.5 cm - don't show up	!!!
> > 1 cm - don't show up    !!!
> > 1.5 cm - 1.5 cm
> > from the left edge:
> > 0.5 cm - 0.3 cm
> > 1 cm - 0.8 cm
> > 1.5 cm - 1.3 cm
> >
> > How can I setup these margin lines to the right dimension?
> > Why don't show up the margin lines from the bottom edge of the paper at
> > 0.5 cm and 1 cm?
> >
> > If I do Align Cartridges... within HP Linux Imaging and Printing System
> > window, then the printer print 2 pages and on the first page print at
> > bottom corners 2 point:
> > from the left edge 0.6 cm
> > from the right edge 0.6 cm
> > from the bottom edge 0.5 cm
> >
> > Accordingly to this abowe the printer can print from all edge of paper
> > A4 at 0.5 cm, but when I try to print say a draw.dxf from QCAD
> > application, then the printer don't print at the bottom edge of A4
> > paper. Why don't print there?
> >
> > I appreciate any advices!
> >
> I'm not sure what you are asking.  Are you printing on Letter or A4 in
> the firstplace?

(Sorry for my English, I'm Hungarian.)
I'm printing on A4 in the first place.

|-----------0.5 cm-------------|
||----------1.0 cm------------||
|||---------1.5 cm-----------|||
|||                          |||
|||                          |||
|||                          |||
...                          ...
|||                          |||
|||                          |||
|||                          |||
|||---------1.5 cm-----------|||
The margin line at 1.0 cm is not showed up.
The margin line at 0.5 cm is not showed up.

If I set up the printer right then I expect the following picture with
printed margin lines:

|-----------0.5 cm-------------|
||----------1.0 cm------------||
|||---------1.5 cm-----------|||
|||                          |||
|||                          |||
|||                          |||
...                          ...
|||                          |||

How can I set up the printer to get printed documents like this?

Any advices is appreciated!

--
Regards, Csányi Paul
http://www.ektf.hu/~Csanyi.Pal (Up to now, it is in Hungarian only.)