Re: Have DVD burner, will backup!

David Baron wrote:
> This medium makes it practical.
>
> Which tools are best and simplest for this?
>
> (I do not like partimage because it insists on identical sizes for restoring
> and this might not be the case as I have learned in moving my partitions
> around.)

Personally, I prefer systemimager.  There is a great howto on
snapshot-style backups with rsync:

http://www.mikerubel.org/computers/rsync_snapshots/

All I did was to substitute systemimager for rsync.  Now, systemimager
uses rsync under the hood, but lots of the things that howto has you do
manually are easily configurable in systemimager.  So, you can take your
periodic snapshots and then burn them to DVD.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto