Re: [OT] Recipe for killing a Debian threads that won't die [Was: Re: [OT] Recipe for a Debian thread that won't die]

bcml@swiftdsl.com.au wrote:
> I haven't been putting up with OT nonsense on this list for long but
> here are the postfix ingredients for killing a thread that people won't
> let die.  Can anyone think of ingredients for other MTAs?
>
> Ingredients:
>
> 1. Add "header_checks = pcre:/etc/postfix/header_checks.pcre" to main.cf
> 2. add to header_checks.pcre (eg: "/username@example\.com/ DISCARD")
> other ingredients may be substituted (eg subjects or REJECT instead of
> DISCARD)
> 3. /etc/init.d/postfix restart
>
> Check /var/log/mail.log if things aren't cooking right.
>
> Wear flame suit and get ready to bake...

I believe that if you REJECT the message, you will be sending the error
message to the lists.debian.org mail server and not to the original
sender's mail server.  If that happens enough, the lists mail server
will think your mail server is having problems and could end up
unsubscribing you.  I believe that you also need the postfix-pcre
package installed for that too work.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez