Re: OT: Politics [Was:Social Contract]

On Saturday 29 April 2006 21:36, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:

> Every single thing you describe would work *better* if education was
> completely private.  Why dork around with having the government track
> where your child's assigned funds should end up if you change his/her
> school?  If all schools were private, you could even decide to spend
> more or less.  Don't like the school Johnny is in?  Go to a different
> one and start paying tuition there instead of the old one.  See, no
> government involvement necessary.

Can't afford to go to a school at all?  Sorry, you don't get an education,
because it's a privilege of those who can afford to pay for it out of pocket
rather than a right as a citizen.

Sorry, I prefer knowing that everyone in my society has an opportunity for an
education by virtue of their being a member of the society.

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry@garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012

Jefferson