Re: etch: can no longer login

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 13:27:08 -0700
"David E. Fox" <dfox@m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com> wrote:

> dfox@m206-157:~$ sudo unmount /dev/hdd
> sudo: pam_authenticate: Module is unknown
>
> This just happened very recently.

hate replying to myself, but need some help. due to some other
broken-ness, had to reboot. when I got to a console prompt I could not
login. Got halfway working with a chroot off of a knoppix disk, but
there are a couple of gotchas still - and I really don't know how to
fix it.

Anyone else having issues along this line? I just did an aptitude
update & aptitude upgrade earlier today - and then also was trying to
install new kde components (libqt4-dev & friends, which then brought
in a whole slew of previously held back kde -related things) but that
in and of itself is not relevant to my current problem.