Re: Social Contract

Paul Johnson wrote:
> Nice attitude.  Vast portions of Oregon and parts of rural Washington led the
> continent in unemployment for the first half of this decade.  I'm sure you
> would have rather let one in five people in the pacific northwest die of
> starvation instead.

    Of course not.  But there is a large difference between factors which are
largely out of your control (collapse of the local economy because of factors
outside the region) and factors largely in your control (put a $^%#$ condom
on!).  Or are you saying that Oreganians are manifestly incapable of operating
a condom?